To apply for 3SquaresVT benefits, you can:
- Apply online or
- Download and print a paper application or
- Apply in person at your local district office or
- Request that a paper application be mailed to you (click here to fill out a request form).
- Call 1-800-479-6151 to have an application mailed to you.
You can mail in your application as long as you have filled out page 1A (Questions 1-4) and have signed page 18A. This begins the application process. However, the 3SquaresVT office will need further information before determining your eligibility and will ask you additional questions in your interview. If you are able to fill out more of the application, your application may be processed more quickly. Please read these tips for filling out the paper application.
After you turn in your application, you will need to complete an interview. This can be done over the phone or in person. When your application is received, a worker will call you to complete your interview. If they do not reach you, they will mail you a letter telling you to call for an interview. You only have five days to complete this interview, so call as soon as you can.
During the interview, a worker will go over your application with you and may ask you to send or bring in papers to prove things like where you live or how much money you make. You may be able to find out that day if you can get 3SquaresVT benefits or it may take longer if the worker needs more information. If you do not have the information your worker needs when you meet, you will have time to get it, but it may take longer for you to get 3SquaresVT benefits.
How Long Does it Take?
You should get your 3SquaresVT benefits within 30 days of turning in your application if you are found eligible. It may take longer if you need to give the 3SquaresVT office more information.
What If I Need Emergency 3SquaresVT?
You may be able to get 3SquaresVT benefits within 7 days if:
- Your gross income is less than $150 per month and you have less than $100 on hand or in the bank right now;
- OR you are a migrant or seasonal farm worker and have little or no income right now;
- OR your monthly rent or mortgage plus utilities cost more than your monthly income plus any cash you have on hand or in the bank.
To apply for emergency 3SquaresVT benefits, you need to fill out the 3SquaresVT application and send it to the address above.
- If you do not have time to fill out the whole application right now, you can just fill out pages one and two of the application. Page one asks for your name, address, and signature. Page 2 asks about your emergency needs. You can tear off these pages and mail them.
- If you use this shortcut, you will have to fill out the rest of the application when you have an interview with the worker from the 3SquaresVT office.
What if I have questions about the 3SquaresVT Application?
If you have questions or need help with the application, you can get help from: